A super simple, super healthy, super tasty lunch or dinner salad.
Use this recipe as base and add what ever leftovers you have on hand - I love this tangy sweet vinaigrette on just about everything.
I have not provided quantities for the salad, just make enough for everyone plus at least one lunch portion.
- salad base of bitter greens - arugula, endive, dandelion greens and/or spinach
- pulled, chopped, shredded leftover turkey (optional)
- sliced red onion
- diced apple or pear
- toasted seeds or nuts - pumpkin seeds, walnuts, almonds, etc.
- cranberry vinaigrette, recipe below
- crumbled goat cheese
- stuffing croutons - optional - recipe below
- sprinkle the goat cheese and croutons on top
- ½- 2/3 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar – cider, sherry, balsamic, etc
- 2 tbsp oil – olive, hemp, flax, nut, etc.
- 1-3 tsp sweetener as required – maple syrup, honey, etc.
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp minced peeled ginger
- salt & pepper to taste
- orange juice to thin, as required
- taste and adjust seasonings as required
- leftover stuffing
- In a well oiled pan, fry over medium heat. Flip as required until they are crispy on all sides. or
- spray or brush the formed crouton with oil and bake on a lined baking tray at 425F until they are crispy.