Things I have learned:
1. it is easy to roast tomatoes...and worth it
2. There is no wrong way to roast tomatoes.
3. Modify the roasting method based on the time you have.
1. Core & cut the tomatoes in ½ or quarter large tomatoes.
2. Place the tomatoes on either a parchment lined or oiled tray.
3. Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil, season with salt & pepper, sprinkle with herbs – optional
4. Roast or broil or both!
a. Slow roast the tomatoes in an oven that is at least 250˚F for up to 10 hours – keep an eye on them.
b. Rapid roast the tomatoes in a oven that is at least 400˚F for up to 1 hour – keep an eye on them.
c. Broil the tomatoes for 10-15 minutes until slightly charred.
d. Roast the tomatoes and then broil them until they are just slightly charred – my favourite.