1 pkg (350g) firm or extra firm organic tofu
1 tbsp (15ml) each fish sauce, soy sauce & lime or lemon juice
2 tbsp (30ml) rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
1 tsp (5ml) toasted sesame oil
2-4 tsp (10-45ml) Sabal Oelek or other hot sauce to taste
1 tsp (5ml) sugar
1. Drain, rinse & gently press dry the tofu
2. Cut the tofu into pieces suitable for how you are going to use it, i.e. thick slabs for the BBQ, triangles for a main dish or thin slices for stir-fry – keep in mind that greater the surface area exposed to the marinade the more delicious it will be.
3. In a container large enough to hold the tofu pieces add all of the other ingredients; stir to dissolve the sugar
4. Adjust the seasonings to taste and then add the tofu.
5. Let sit for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days – it gets spicier as it sits.